1 cup Daawat Extra Long Basmati Rice
3 cups water (1 cup for soaking + 2 cups for cooking rice)
½ cup kimchi chopped
2 tbsp gochujang (Korean chilli paste)
1 Red onion diced
5-6 cloves garlic chopped
1’’ piece chopped ginger
2 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp light soya sauce
2 eggs + 2 cups water to boil them
½ cup spring onion leaves, chopped
1 tsp black sesame seeds
Salt to taste
2-3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Soak the rice in 1 cup water for 20 minutes after which drain and keep aside.
2. Place 2 cups of water and the soaked rice in a deep saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer till the rice is cooked and the grains are still separate.
3. To boil the eggs, bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Place the eggs in and set a 7.30 min¬ute timer. Then drain the eggs, and cool them down in cold water for 10 minutes, after which peel the shell off. Keep them aside.
4. In a frying pan, heat the vegetable oil. Add the diced onions. Saute till golden in colour, then add the ginger and garlic and sauté for another 10-12 seconds.
5. Add the kimchi along with the juices, soya sauce, gochujang, salt and stir well . Now add the cooked rice. Mix well.
6. Place the rice on your serving platter. Top with your soft boiled egg, cut in half. Garnish with spring onion leaves and black sesame seeds.