1 cup Daawat Original Basmati Rice (1 cup is 250 ml measurement)
3 cups water (1 cup for soaking + 2 cups for cooking rice)
1 cup grated coconut
1 tbsp ghana dal (Split Chickpeas)
1/2 tsp mustard seeds or Rai
3 tbsp roasted peanuts
½ cup cashew nuts
2-3 nos whole red chillies
1-2 nos green chillies (finely chopped)
3 tbsp coconut oil (2 tbsp for cooking + 1 for drizzling before serving)
A pinch of asafoetida or hing
Few sprigs of curry leaves as required
Salt to taste
1. Soak the Rice for 20 minutes with 1 cup of water, drain, rinse.
2. Now cook & drain the rice with 2 cups of water until soft. Allow it to cool.
3. Grate the coconut, chop the green chillies etc in the meanwhile .
4. Now in a tempering pan, heat some coconut oil, add mustard seeds and allow it to crackle.
5. Now add chana dal, asafoetida, roasted peanuts, roasted cashew, finely chopped green chillies, red chillies and curry leaves.
6. Add this tempering over the rice, add salt and grated coconut.
7. Mix everything together and drizzle a tbsp of coconut oil.
8. Serve immediately with a side dish of your choice.