1 cup Daawat Extra Long Basmati Rice
3 cups water (1 cup for soaking + 2 cups for cooking)
1 onion, diced
5-6 cloves garlic
½ cup wild mushrooms
8-10 cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cup spinach leaves, roughly chopped
5-6 sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
8-10 mixed olives
2 sprigs rosemary
½ cup basil leaves
¼ cup parsley leaves
1 tsp coarsely crushed pepper
1 tsp chilli flakes
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Salt as required
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
3-4 tablespoons olive oil
1. Soak your rice for 20 minutes after which drain.
2. Place 2 cups of water and the soaked rice in a deep saucepan and bring to boil.
3. Lower the heat and simmer till the rice is cooked and the grains are still separate.
4. While the rice is cooking, preheat your oven to 180 C. Drizzle some olive oil over the garlic cloves, wrap them in aluminium foil and place it on a baking tray in the oven. Roast the garlic for 20-25 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool. Peel the garlic and chop it finely.
5. In a deep saucepan, heat the olive oil and add the onions. Sauté on medium heat till translucent. Add the chopped garlic and sauté for a few seconds.
6. Add the mushrooms, and cook till they soften.
7. Then add in the rosemary, sun-dried tomatoes, cherry tomatoes. Saute for a minute or two.
8. Then add the cooked rice, spinach, olives, both vinegars, chilli flakes and pepper.
9. Stir fry for a few seconds till well mixed. Season to taste.
10. Finally add in the basil and parsley, and shave the parmesan cheese over the rice to garnish. Serve hot.