1 cup Daawat Original Basmati Rice (1 cup is 250 ml measurement)
1/2 cup green curry paste
2 tablespoons olive or peanut oil
1 cup veggie broth
1 can coconut milk (full fat)
8 ounces pound extra-firm tofu, cubed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoons fish sauce ( or vegan fish sauce)
1 Japanese eggplant, thinly sliced into half-moons
1 red bell pepper, sliced
6–8 kefir lime leaves
Lime juice to taste
1/4 cup fresh Thai basil leaves,
Other additions or substitutions: zucchini, mushrooms,
Fresh chopped spinach leaves
Serve with jasmine rice
1. Heat oil in a heavy bottom pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat, turn your fan on, and stir-fry the green curry paste for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add the stock or water and scrape up all those delicious browned bits.
3. Stir in one can of full fat coconut milk.
4. Add salt, sugar and fish sauce.
5. Add the tofu and veggies and kafir lime leaves and bring to a gentle simmer, simmering uncovered until eggplant softens about 5 minutes. Try to prevent this from coming to a hard boil – a gentle simmer will help preserve the coconut’s sweetness.
6. Add the fresh basil leaves and serve jasmine rice.